Wednesday, September 2, 2015

God's Promise to His Beloved: Righteousness in Christ!

At the cross, our acceptance is found. There, Jesus cried out with His last breath "It is finished!" (John 19:30). The work is complete. The full punishment of all our sins was exacted on Jesus at the cross. God's own Son had to be crushed at Calvary for us to obtain the gift of His unmerited favor and His righteousness. The full payment for this free gift was exacted on Jesus' body. It is free for us but it costs God His only begotten Son! (source: Joseph Prince's 100 Days of Favor)

And because of what Jesus has done, God promises: “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” (Hebrews 10:16, 17)

No comments: